Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trust

I'm sitting here tonight watching Biggest Loser, I love that show! I'm a bit tired and wish I could take a nap, but I don't want to miss anything! Today was pretty interesting, first of all, I snoozed my alarm clock for over an hour...what in the world??!!?? Oh well, I still got to school the time I normally do. I started my day with the kids and at one point checked my phone to see that my doctor had called. I was going to call her anyway today to find out the results of my ultrasound...uh, no, not because I'm pregnant, please!!! I would love to think that someday it could happen, but that's in the Lord's hands. Anyway, this was because I have been feeling pressure in my lower abdomen. I have been feeling it for about a month now. I also felt like that this past summer. I just had my yearly physical, so I mentioned this to my doctor. I'm so thankful I did. The doctor told me today that I have a mass on my ovaries. That was kind of a shock, even though I thought in the back of my mind that it may have been something like that because of the way it feels. It doesn't hurt me, but it's just a very uncomfortable pressure that doesn't ever go away. So, my doctor said that's what the ultrasound showed, I don't think she said how big it was. She said that it was benign as far as they could tell. The radiologist really felt that it was benign, which is a blessing. My doctor said it was called a dermoid. Well, Angie and I looked it up and it's a pretty common cyst, and most of the time it is benign. The only freaky thing is that the information said these cysts are not filled with blood or fluid like some others, but...ugh get this...these cysts can have hair, bone, and teeth as part of them. Talk about wanting to gag....eeewwwww!! How gross! Of course I couldn't have a normal one, oh my. I trust the Lord, He knows what He is doing and I just have to leave it with Him. Job is my Bible hero and he had to deal with family death, financial difficulty, sadness, and then physical discomfort. Through it all he just kept his trust and let the Lord do His will. Why should I be any different? The Lord has been so good to me. I have been feeling some of that joy that I had been looking and asking the Lord for. I have wonderful friends, old and new. My mom has gotten new medication from the doctor that I like. I was able to call and take care of a bill that needed to be taken care of by her Medicare and I think it is settled. I know that the Lord is guiding in my life and I am so thankful for that! I have seen some strong answers to prayer. I have an appointment next week, to I guess recheck the situation and see what else they need to do. They can do laproscopic surgery and it would be in and out same day. So, I am just looking forward to getting this taken care of so I can get rid of this pressure. I know the Lord will take care of me.

Thank you, Lord, that you already knew about this, allowed me to mention it to my doctor, not really knowing if it would really be anything. Thank you for doctors and the wisdom you give them. Thank you for friends who care and share this with me and encourage me. Thank you for being the great Physician. I love and trust you and pray that you will allow me to keep my eyes stayed on you. What a mighty God I serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment