Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Morning

The morning started with getting up (obviously), taking Bella out (as usual), and having breakfast (again, nothing unusual).  The thing that did make it a little different was obviously it was Christmas breakfast, and I wanted to try a new recipe for  breakfast.  My new love, pinterest, had a recipe that someone had pinned and I found from thesisterscafe.com, for Christmas Eggs.  This recipe from 2008 looked delicious and was simple enough, so I decided to try Christmas Eggs for Christmas Morning.  It ended up being just as delicious as it looked in the picture.  I also had some wonderful caramel bread that I bought from one of the girls at school who was selling bread for a fundraiser for her group she's in.  Of course, if you know me at all, of course we had cereal too.  Definitely a breakfast worthy of a Christmas morning!  After breakfast mom, Bella, and I went downstairs to open gifts.  Mom was surprised by the presents under the tree, I put a few upstairs and I think she thought that was all of them.  So she was pleasantly surprised to see more.  I did what has always been my job, go under the tree and call off the names on the gifts and pass them out.  Mom had a nice little chunk by her, I had a few and Bella had a few as well.  Yes, hers were wrapped, too, she is great at opening her gifts and I love watching her!
And obviously videotaping her as well!  She definitely seemed to enjoy her gifts.  

Mom seemed to enjoy hers also as she slowly opened them.  I enjoyed watching her as well,though I kept looking at the time since we would need to get ready for church soon!  When mom finally finished opening all of her gifts we went upstairs to get ready for church.  Mom was planning to just wear what she had on, which she wears quite often.  I told her that she could not wear that on Christmas morning.  I had her put on one of her new sweater and skirt sets, and got her all put together before her ride came.  By the time I finally got her together and ready, her ride was here.  Thankfully I had already started getting ready, though it didn't help much.  I was supposed to be at church by 10:25 for choir practice before church, which started at 10:45.  Well, by the time I got mom out to her ride it was about 10:30.  By the time I got ready to leave it was already just about 10:45.  If I went to my church I would have been quite late, but mom's church wasn't starting until 11. So after some indecision, I finally headed over there.  It ended up being a nice surprise for her, and it worked out just right because I got to spend the whole day with her.  We enjoyed a great service at Grace...God is the Giver and We are the Takers.  God has given us the precious gift of his son, and we should be willing to receive that wonderful gift.  It was great to be there to see some old friends and to meet some new ones.  Pastor's new baby boy was in church for the first time too.  It was great to see that precious little one.  We had a wonderful, indecisive, crazy, busy morning, and made some great memories.  That was just the beginning, with more to come.
Lord, thank you for a fun, crazy, interesting, wonderful morning....together!

No comments:

Post a Comment