Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Festivities


Here I sit after a looong day of Christmas festivities, trying to keep it all together, as I am still so incredibly, miserably full right now!  I, of course, want to share about our great, wonderfully crazy Christmas day!  But, I must confess, one of the reasons I am writing this now is because I'm pretty sure if I try to go bed right now, I will greatly regret it.  As full as I am, I will either wake up sick or wake up with some crazy dreams.  That's not how I want to end my Christmas.  This is a much more fun way to end my Christmas.  There was so much that went on, though, that I just don't feel I can write it all right now, so I will start with a general overview, and then go into some more specifics.  Maybe the food has crowded into my mind!  Our day started with breakfast, with some special touches.  Then on to opening our gifts, have some great pictures and videos from that!  Next, it was getting ready for church, getting mom ready first, then trying to finish getting myself ready.  Then off to church, which ended up being different than expected.  After church we came home to take Bella out and to change to go over to Uncle Cephus and Auntie Ann's house.  We enjoyed some quality family time over there, and some great food, even talking about my blog a little bit.  After leaving the family, we had another stop to make.  A mom of some of my former students wanted to have mom and I over as well, where there was more food...oh my!  There had been even one more invitation from my friend Amy, but we just were not able to do that one.  Mom was getting pretty wiped out by the time we left that family's house.  I was also getting pretty wiped out by that point.  So, here I sit hoping to digest a bit before bed.  As I said, I'll write more specific parts later.  Hope everyone had a wonderful day celebrating the birth of our Savior.  Mom and I did!
Lord, thank you for another blessed Christmas day.  Thank you for mom and Bella to be able to share it with.  Most of all, thank you for sending your son here to earth to be our precious gift...the reason why we can celebrate this special day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment