Saturday, April 21, 2012

So Thankful It's Friday!

What a difference a week makes!  Last Friday, about 10 p.m. (when I started writing this post) I was just leaving my awesomely fun wrap party at my friend Cathy's house!  She was so wonderful to be willing to open her house for my It Works launch party!  I wrapped about 10 ladies and all of them saw results from 1 to 4 inches lost!  It was awesome!!  We had a great time, so much fun!  Leave a comment if you're curious, I'd love to tell you more! :)  Really!!  The next day was wonderful as well.  My "mom" friend and I went to go see Fiddler on the Roof!  We had great fellowship...enjoyed the play....and had an amazing dinner at Red Lobster!!  I had two kinds of shrimp and lobster tail....total yumness!!  On my way home after dropping Mama G at home, my allergies kicked up in a major way.  The sneezing, the itchy eyes, the runny nose...that made for a long night.  I made it through Sunday, but was feeling the tiredness.
So after a great, long weekend, I had a couple of things I wanted to get done Sunday night, but wanted to get rest for the busy week ahead.  That "rest" plan got changed about 2 a.m. Monday morning... that's when I heard Bella scratching on my door.  It was pretty warm that night and I think she just got too warm in mom's room, so she wanted to come to my bed.  Oh joy!  I was able to get back to sleep, but that interruption did make getting up just 3 1/2 hours later tough.  Unfortunately it didn't end there!  Early Tuesday morning it happened again, but it was about 4 that morning.  And it happened again early Wednesday morning, again about 4.  The difference this time is that mom was up with the TV on, I went to go check to see if everything was OK.  Sometimes she may not be feeling well.  When I checked in, she was up getting dressed.  I told her what time it was and she said she knew she just wanted to get dressed.  Well, I was going back to bed...for a little bit.  It was getting tougher and tougher to wake up each morning.  Last week, all week, mom refused to let the homemaker/companion in.  I got a phone call three times that week!  I left school early the first day I got the call, because when that happened a couple of weeks ago she wasn't OK, still sitting on the edge of the bed.  When I rushed home that first day last week, mom was just relaxing on the couch.  When I asked her about not letting the homemaker/companion in, she just said, "Oh I didn't feel like getting up."  Then later, "They don't like Bella."  Aaaahhhhhh!!!!  Well, I didn't rush home the next two times, but did try to get home as soon as possible to make sure everything was OK...which it was!  I finally told Keep Me Home that I thought we needed to look into a new companion.  This girl talked...LOTS!!  She would talk to me for two hours straight whenever I was home!  She didn't clean or spend time with mom, just talked to me about......nothing much really! Ugh!  Then lately she had taken to "reorganizing" more than she did cleaning.  Anyway, they were going to find someone new.  Yay!! Wednesday was the first day she was coming.  I called and told them that I had made arrangements for her to get in.  When I got home, though, it didn't seem as if anyone had been there.  I can't ask mom, well, I mean I did, but she doesn't remember.  Wednesday night when I got home mom had had an accident and hadn't cleaned up well.  That was tough to have to come home and deal with.  As I was helping her clean up better, I noticed some white things on the floor.  When I looked closer, and picked them up, I realized they were pieces of bone!  I forgot that I usually try not to give mom chicken with bones anymore because she will feed them to Bella.  So, while I was gone, that's what happened.  I had bought some chicken wings and given them to her for dinner...and she did give some to Bella.  She didn't remember though of course.  That scared me, because I know that's not good for her, but of course mom doesn't remember that. :-/  Thursday I was spared the early morning wake up, thankfully!!  It was still an odd day, as I had to sub for 3rd and 4th grade for most of the day.  I was able to go let off some stress by going to exercise with my friend Angie! That was great fun!! But don't get too excited for me, the early morning wake up happened again this morning.  This time it was about 15 minutes before I had to get up.  Bella came to the door, and mom headed to the bathroom.  Bella was running around a bit, and it seemed like she had to go to the bathroom, so I took her out for a second, but made her come right back in.  I was going to try to get a few more minutes of sleep in.  That didn't happen... before I knew it, my alarm was going off.  Needless to say, I wasn't in the best of moods getting up.  It was another weird day.  All week we have had SAT testing, that takes place in the morning, then have to try to get in the four subjects I teach the 3rd grade with whatever time we have left until 1 p.m.  Then they go back to their classroom and do the rest of the subjects with their teacher.  Today, not only did we have testing, but the kids had their Amerathon walk to do as well, plus the 1st through 4th grades were having a going away party for a brother and sister whose last day was today.  So, I had to try to get my subjects done early so the kids had time to do what they needed to in their 4th grade classroom before the Amerathon walk and the party.  I wasn't able to go check out either because of my other responsibilities.  I was definitely ready to get home to relax, had to do some shopping first, but now I am relaxing!  And after my exhausting week, missing the mom I used to know, feeling a bit down, feeling as if I need to just stop dreaming some dreams, my awesome friend Kasey randomly texts me to remind me not to give up, my time is coming!  The Lord just gave her that thought to share with me!  Wow!  It's pretty amazing how God does that!
Lord, this was a rough week.  If  I'm going to be honest and why not, You already know my heart....I had a tough time trusting what you are doing in my life this week.  I wondered why I would have some great moments only to come home and be discouraged by things with mom.  I still don't understand it all, but I'm just going to continue to try to trust you through it.  It's not easy, though, and I feel at times you haven't really made it easy for me, but I'm just a sinful, struggling human, and I know my thoughts and ways are not yours.  I know you have a plan for my hope and future!  So, I'll keep trying!  Thank you for friends who love me, encourage me, help me, and make me laugh, cry, and smile on a daily basis!  Thank You, for caring for mom, Bella, and me!

4 comments:

  1. Stacey, you are loved! Thank you for sharing your heart. It reminds me to pray more for you and for mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy!! You are one of those friends I thank the Lord for! It was great to have a moment to chat with you and catch up yesterday! Thank you for your friendship and your prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, too, Kasey!! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete