Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break...Finally, A Little Early...Sadly

This day has been anticipated for quite a while!!  It has been a very long, busy couple of months.  With basketball games and sickness, and family visiting and sickness, and Spirit Week and sickness, subbing (lots!) and sickness, and crazy warm weather...and did I mention sickness?!  So to say that I have been looking forward to this is definitely an understatement!  After being out for a week while mom and I were sick, I came back to school to see that many students were still sick!  Our school has had everything from the flu, to strep, to fifth's disease, to pink eye, to terrible colds and allergy problems!  It has been ongoing, so this break was definitely needed.  I had to sub about four times in the past two weeks!  So, I missed my kids for a week while I was out sick, then missed them again for four days as I subbed, even though once was in their classroom (it's not the same as having just the three of us).  Then of the days I did have them to myself,  four of those were spent missing one or the other.  My little boy was sick one day, then my little girl was sick for 3 days.  So, yes, I'm ready for break.  It was only a half day today, but I was counting down the minutes, and I think the kids were, too.  We were all a bit unmotivated today.  We did get things done, though.  We were getting to our last subject before they went back to their classroom, when my phone rang.  It was Keep Me Home calling to tell me the homemaker/companion had been at the house for a half hour, but couldn't get in, my mom never came to open the door.  That quickly ended my day.  I had the kids go back to their classroom and wished them a great spring break.  I was disappointed to have to leave them because we were going to finish our reading book today and I love to finish the books with them.  But I needed to hurry home and see what was going on with mom.  I tried to call a few times and there was no answer.  To be honest I wasn't thinking very good thoughts, though I kept telling myself to just be calm and trust.  I really did try, but I have a very active imagination! (I'm the girl who would get out of the tub, call my mom to come upstairs so I could walk downstairs with her, because there was either a HUGE spider outside the door waiting to eat me, or there was someone in the living room waiting to hurt me, I could almost see them!  Yea, that's my imagination, pitiful!)  Then I hate to even mention this, but there were a couple of songs on the radio on my way home that talked about trusting the Solid Rock.  Hate to admit that made my mind a little crazier as I wondered why those songs were coming on...what did they mean??  I know, pretty pitiful, huh...sigh, lol.  I just prayed that maybe she would still be on the side of the bed where I left her in the morning as she was getting her clothes on.  I was concerned because she hadn't gotten up and walked around this morning, but I needed to get to school.  So that was where I left her.  When I finally got home (how come it feels like an hour drive, when you're trying to get home quickly???), there she was in the same exact spot.  I just thanked God that she was otherwise OK.  She complained that she was hurting all over and couldn't get up.  I helped her up and got her to the bathroom and changed her bed.  She is still in lots of pain, but getting around better tonight.  Looks like we will be making a trip or so to the doctor's during spring break.  So, my spring break started earlier than I expected, and not in the most pleasant way, but I'm thankful it's here!  Then tonight a friends from mom's church came over to check on some lights that were not coming on properly in the house.  It pretty much seemed like he just touched them in his magician electrician kind of way, and now they are working properly!  What a blessing!  And....it's that most wonderful time of the year for me...March Madness!!!  Ahh, hello spring break, glad you're here!
Thank you, Lord, for taking care of mom and keeping her safe.  Thank you for reminding me right away to trust...I know I had some weak moments, but I know you understand.  Thank you for Tony and his help around the house even though he is not well himself.  Please bless him and his wife Candy, and bless his health...bless them for their constant kindness and generosity and help to us.  They were always there for pappy, too.  Thank you for wonderful friends!  And thank you so very much for my much anticipated spring break finally being here!!  Help us to have a great week!  Thank you for who you are and for your constant care for us!

4 comments:

  1. Praying now that inspite of everything, this week is a restful one with a few lovely blessings tucked in for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kasey!! I'm looking forward to some sweet blessings this week!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Girl! I love you! You are still in my prayers often, even though I've been really bad at being in touch lately. Anyway, a friend of mine tagged me in a blogging game of sorts, and I thought you might want to play too...so I tagged you after I played. Check it out here http://twotiarasandasword.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-im-it.html and play if you feel like it :-). If not, not a problem! I hope your Spring Break is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, I love you too, girl!! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! I think of you all often, too! I've been awful at keeping in touch with you, but I still think of you and always, always enjoy your blog! Of course I'll play!! Love fun and games! :)Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete