Friday, March 2, 2012

So Many Things

There are so many things on my mind...so many things that I had been planning to write about for a while.  It has been pretty busy lately, though.  One weekend was the Ladies' Seminar and I planned...and still do plan to write some more gems from that...and to share some pictures.  Then it was my birthday, and that week was busy.  Those who have read my blog for any time now know that I am definitely a current events type of gal when there are sad or unusual stories in the news.  That's exactly what happened on my birthday, and I planned to write about it, but never got around to it.  I was so saddened on my birthday to hear the awful news of the Powell boys who already lost their mom.  She has never been found and her husband was a suspect.  These two sweet boys were brought over to their dad's house for a visit, when he attacked them, and set the house on fire with all of them in it.  Heartbreaking!!  Such an awful tragedy, that I will never forget!
That next weekend after my birthday, was also busy with a party, a UCONN game, and family time, which I planned to write about, but never got the chance to.  The next week was busy with things at school and games to go to.  Then last week was also incredibly busy.  It was Spirit Week!!  Love Spirit Week!  We had lots of fun, Tuesday was Disney day, Wednesday was Spy day, Thursday- Crazy Hair day, and Friday- School Color day.  I planned to write about it and to show some fun pictures, but I didn't get to that either yet.  Then of course, last Thursday and Friday nights were the basketball tournament games.  I had to do some fancy planning to make sure mom was taken care of, before I could head to the games.  We won the State Championship for both the boy's and girl's teams!  I planned to write about that, adding it into the Spirit Week post, but as I said, that didn't happen.  Then there was this week...this was....a....week!!  So since I'm here, I guess I'll write a little about it.  Monday, I got up and was getting ready for school.  As I was getting ready, I heard mom making some strange noises.  When I went to her room to check on her, I found she was heaving and I got the bucket and a bag to her just in time before she threw up.  I thought it might have just been a fluke thing.  I finished getting ready, but texted to tell that I might not be coming in if mom wasn't feeling better soon.  Many times I just wait for her to have breakfast and get back in bed and if she seems to be doing better, then I make the tough decision to probably go in.  Well, she had breakfast like normal, but then started throwing up again.  So...that brought me to the decision that I probably needed to stay home.  My good friend Cathy encouraged me to do that, because she said if she really was sick I could end up coming home to a mess.  She knows I hate to miss school, but she is also very wise!  Her advice was right on!  Mom struggled the rest of the day being in the bathroom and throwing up, and many times she would forget to use the bucket, so it was getting pretty messy.  I was doing laundry literally all day long!  I have never run up and down the stairs so much, and for once was thankful for the abundance of towels in the linen closet.  I almost ran out of towels to use.  I was also quite thankful that the washer and dryer did not choose to go on strike on me!  Thankfully I was able to keep the pj's rotating quickly enough, too!  It was a long day!  I wondered what I was going to do Tuesday, because she might be a little better, but maybe not all the way.  So should I go to work, or do a half day, or what?  It's so hard for me to make these different decisions, but the Lord helped me!  Next thing I knew on Tuesday, I was in the bathroom, and I was throwing up.  Well, that settled that!  So, I stayed home.  Well, that was another busy day!  Mom was slowly recovering while I was in the thick of it.  What an interesting household, but Bella held the fort down well!  She was such a good little trooper hanging out with us sickees, barely getting out to enjoy the outdoors.  So, it's been another busy week in a different way.  We are finally feeling on the better side, but it has taken the week to do it.  We were definitely well taken care of this week with mom's pastor and our neighbor, and many other offers!  So thankful for wonderful friends...and for plenty of sick days!
Lord, thank you for taking such good care of us, allowing me to already have gotten many groceries.  For allowing people to be so caring with homemade chicken soup, gatorade, ginger ale, and constant checking on us.  You have truly blessed us!  And thank you so much for helping this too to pass!  Thank you for the constant strength that you gave this week!  You are the Great Physician!

No comments:

Post a Comment