Saturday, August 18, 2012

These Are the Moments...

These are some of the precious moments I spent with mom the past few weeks! Many wonderful memories to look back on and enjoy! So thankful the Lord gave me these moments! Again, never take those special moments for granted!

 From the hospital....



To getting the house ready to take care of her...

Mom in her new wheelchair...
 Mom with her Bella in her wheelchair...starting to struggle with swallowing, which is why the shirt got a little messy...
Sweet memory during the storm...
Trying to keep our minds off of the storm...


Who can resist that adorable wink??
The change in just a couple of days...
 Visitors on Tuesday...Pastor Jason, Jordan, Pam Brown, Betty Russell...

 Trying to keep mom comfy, starting to give her morphine so she wouldn't be so restless and in pain...
 Beautiful hydrangea from an old friend and neighbor...
Reading Scripture and this is where the Lord led me...also read during her funeral...

...with her Bella...
 Holding hands after she had just passed and gone home...
Mom finally at rest...
These are the precious moments and memories that I will hold dear forever!!
Thank you, Lord for these precious moments to remember with mom!  Thank you for her!!!  Thank you for fully healing her, and taking her home so she could rest!
I love and miss you so much mom!  You are my best gal, and I will hold you and these precious memories in my heart forever!! Give pappy hugs and kisses for me!  See you both soon!

6 comments:

  1. Stacey! As I look through these pictures and videos I can't help but cry! Your relationship with your mom is so sweet and beautiful! Makes me miss my momma so much! You both were so blessed with each other! Thanks for sharing your heart with us in this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leah!! It is such a special pleasure to share the special times and memories with mom. Thank you for taking the time to look through everything! So glad that I have these to look back on. Special times!

      Delete
  2. Hey Stacey God has blessed you with the gift off discernment and you will have to go through the fruit of the spirit of long suffering there Are days that you will feel hollow inside I've been there stay in the body bitterness and loneliness will be mixed with joy and reflection some of us are chosen for this pathway keep strong remember the suffering children are the leaders Your brother in christ Jason mitche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jason for your kind words!! They were such an encouragement to me!! I appreciate it! God bless you!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, Stacey. What a sweet daughter and friend you were as you walked through the valley with her and Jesus. It is an awesome example of love. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your beautiful words, Amy!! They really mean so much!! So thankful to have these special times to look back on! Love you!

      Delete