Monday, April 4, 2011

Butler vs. UCONN

I am sitting here almost hyperventilating as I get ready to watch the NCAA Championship Men's Game!! I am so nervous for my boys. I have been praying that they can win and bring the trophy home to us. Sadly, last night I suffered great disappointment as the UCONN ladies lost to Notre Dame. That was a sad loss. It was a late night before my first day back after spring break, to stay up that late and not see a victory was terrible! Now, here's another late night, the game doesn't start until about 9:30, but I have got to see this! Tomorrow is going to be pretty tough. I'm sure I'll be sufficiently wiped out, but hopefully, prayerfully, it will be with better, more positive results! We shall see... Let's go UCONN!!!!!! Lord, please just let my heart hold up!! :) It's halfway through and we are down by three, yikes!!! I'm nervous, but hopefully second half will turn around to our favor! I mean, hey, come on, I'm staying up late AGAIN!!! Please let's go! Oh my.........We DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited right now!! I'm screaming with no voice, I'm clapping, I'm crying! I can't help but think about my pappy right now. He would have been right here with me celebrating. We would have been making all kinds of noise, waking mom up. I miss him so much in times like these which is why there are a few happy tears. I've been sitting in his recliner downstairs doing our normal March Madness thing. Although there is so much enjoyment right now, there is also some sadness, I hate for this to be over. This as I've said before is my favorite time of the year. What a great ride!! Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful end to such a fun tournament!! Bring our boys home safely!! We did it again, pappy!! I miss you celebrating with me, but I know you're celebrating much more than I could ever be in a much better place for a much better reason! I still miss you and love you and can't wait to see you again! I am going to stop this here because I am too excited and don't think this is even making sense anymore, forgive me. :) Go UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment