Friday, July 8, 2011

Crazy times!

Early Tuesday morning, two o'clock to be exact, I jerked awake in bed...what on earth could have caused me to be up at that time? I lay still for a second trying to figure it out. As my tired mind finally caught up with my body, I realized what I had figured would probably happen that night, actually was happening. Bella was clamoring to get out of my mom's hot room and come into mine, where it is a little cooler because I at least have a fan turned right on me. Does this little girl not understand that I don't care how small she is, the way I like to spread out while I sleep... there is just not enough room for the both of us?! Well......I made room. We snuggled up together and I got back to sleep...only to be abruptly woken up again....this time to Bella's loud barking! What in the world?!? Are you kidding me?? All I wanted was a good night's sleep so I could get up early and get to the school to help out like I was supposed to. What is she doing? This was one of those "someone or something is making noise in the house or outside of the house" barks. So now my heart is pounding in my chest as I put Bella down and open my door so we can go see what she is barking at. Seeing as I had nothing in my hand to hurt anyone or anything with, I don't know what I would have done if there was someone or something in the house. Well, as Bella tore down the hallway barking I was a little nervous. She tore into the kitchen, I slowly followed her...and found........her drinking like there's no tomorrow!! She just ran to her water bowl and was guzzling that water. I checked rooms and doors...nothing, she was fine now. Is that the only reason she barked like a wild woman, to get me to let her out to get something to drink?? Wow, I just don't know! I left her in her excited drinking state and headed back to bed, this was the second time she woke me up and it was definitely way too early to be up. I went back to my room, she came back to my room, but this time just stayed on the floor by my bed. As I got back into bed, and prayed that I could somehow get back to sleep for at least a couple more hours, I hear more noise. Listening, I realized it was my mom's TV, and then I hear her getting out of bed to go to the restroom. Ok, that's ok, she's just going to go to the restroom and then get back in bed, it's fine. I settle into the pillow and try to get back to sleep, when I hear her go back to her room, and hear her drawers opening and closing, what is even going on this morning, am I losing it? She was laughing at the loud TV and getting dressed for the day. Are you even kidding me?? It's 4 a.m.!!!!! I lay back in bed with no sleep coming to me, so I read. A little after 5 I realized I was outnumbered and thought well, if I can't beat them, join them. So I took Bella out to go potty and then thought maybe then mom and Bella will have settled down and maybe I can get a quick nap. Nope, not so my friends, that was asking too much on a crazy morning like this! When Bella and I got back into the house, mom was at the breakfast table ready to eat...oh yay!! So, guess what I did.......? Well, had breakfast with her...duh. I went off to school, not thinking I would be able to make it, but actually made it through the whole day, plus a couple of extra hours. Thank you, Lord!

....hahahaha...you thought I was done didn't you?? Oh no, I said "times" for a reason. Early Wednesday morning, 3:30 this time, I woke up to scratching on my door again, my darling diva Bella was baaaaaccckkk! This time I was wise to her and told her to go get some water before she came in my room. That taken care of, we got into bed, thankfully no one woke up until almost 7 that morning, phew!! I was going to school that day too, but didn't have to get there until noon, much better! Better than the 6:30 that I left the house the day before, just to get out of there. When Bella and I came back in from potty time mom was getting dressed, but into something that she would normally wear on a Sunday morning. She asked me if what she had on was ok. I asked her why she was wearing it. Well, she knew it was a church day, but was just a bit confused that it wasn't in the morning, but at night. I convinced her to get comfy for the day. She did. I started breakfast and she came out in her "Sunday-go-to-meeting" outfit. I told her church wasn't until that night. She went back into the room and got comfy again. When breakfast was finished and I was washing the dishes, she came back out in her "Sunday" outfit with her purse this time and went to the living room window to see if the neighbor was on her way down to pick her up for church, then became very concerned because her car wasn't even down at her house....and people wonder why I'm a little...ok, many times ALOT off!! :o) I told her again that she wasn't going anywhere until that night. I told her she had approximately 8 hours before she needed to go anywhere. So, I figured she went back to get comfy clothes on again, relieved that she could be comfy. I got myself ready to go, took Bella out one more time before leaving for school. When Bella and I got back in, she was on the edge of the bed in her "Sunday" outfit, asking if that was ok to wear. Then also asking if the neighbor was coming to pick her up. At that point all I could do was mutter and sigh a "yeeeeesss". I kissed her goodbye and went off to school. She had to figure it out eventually right?.....ummm, right? At the end of the day, I became a little concerned because I hadn't checked on her that day. So, I called on my way home...and called again...and again...and again...and again... Well you get the picture. She wasn't answering the phone. I knew it, she looked out the window that morning, didn't see the neighbor's car in the driveway, walked down the street to check for sure, then tried walking to church and got lost on the way, and I am going to need to put out a missing person's bulletin when I get home. Then I called that "one more time" and she answered and was just fine. She was just outside sitting with Bella for a little while...how silly of me!! When I got home wouldn't you know she was dressed in her comfy outfit and was ready to go to church, not even remembering all the craziness from the morning. When I got home from church, I got in the house just in time before a big flash of lightning. Mom just laughed at me coming in the house so fast. She came downstairs with me so she didn't have to stay upstairs dealing with the storm all by herself. We watched America's Got Talent, had some great laughs and just enjoyed one another...ahhhh. Craziness diverted for a little while. Thank you, Lord.
(Don't worry, this time I am done.) :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Stacey, I am hugging you!!! I know that it's not easy, but just thank the Lord for giving you a sweet, loving mom, firstly, who wants to go to church, and secondly, who helped you to have such a crazy and giving personality, that you are able to deal with each new crazy and wonderful day!! Love you! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy!!! I appreciate that so much! When I think about it like that, it helps make things more manageable. It's true, thankful that she still wants to go to church, big blessing! And yes, helping to develop this crazy spirit in me has helped me handle some of these things. :) God has been good to help me get through these crazy times. Wasn't sure I would make it while right in it, but He did get me through, and what fun stories I get to share, hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are doing a great job. I will pray more consistently for you both. Bella's a crazy little one, like having a baby to get up with in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,MJ!! It's so nice to hear that I'm doing a good job because so many times I don't quite feel that way. So that just means so much! Thank you, definitely covet those prayers! And yes, this little girl needs lessons from Zoe on how to behave! :)

    ReplyDelete