Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break!

I have been so, so, SO ready for spring break! I was so, so, SO excited about it!! Then...I heard about several people going away to all kinds of wonderful places, enjoying a real spring break week. And... I found out that family was coming to spend the week with mom, which makes for another different dynamic for my week. That's when Satan had a field day with my mind. I got really down, and shamefully pitiful for me to have to even admit, I became a bit jealous. My mind went to wishing I could get away somewhere fun for a while, trying to think of the last time I was able to get away somewhere fun for a while, and wondering if I'll ever get to go away for a nice, fun vacation that lasts longer than a weekend any time soon. It doesn't ever feel like it, so it makes me even more sad. I know, you're thinking, Girl, get out of that funk, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and stop thinking so negatively, cuz that is ugly!! Well, if you're not, then I am, and I have been saying that to myself. It's just hard because Satan keeps trying to sneak his lies and discontentment and discouragement in. I hate being like this and feeling like this. But, you know, let me tell you...it keeps me on my knees. I need lots of work, but I'm so thankful the Lord knows me, and yet He still loves me. Even though I have been struggling with this, the Lord did bless me so much this weekend. Saturday, though it ended up being much too early of a start...(up at a little after 5 because mom was up, got dressed not long after that, and was ready to eat breakfast by about 7:30...ON A SATURDAY....first day of my spring break...ugh!!), I was able to go to Truth to see the championship basketball games, lots of my kids were playing. It was fun to watch and cheer them on. Then, I had to leave there quickly to head over to Trinity College in Hartford. One of my kids from last year, Barnabas, was going to be performing a Korean Mask Dance at Korean Cultural Day. Sadly, I missed his dance, but got to see him and his mom, and then do, see and eat some wonderful things!! It was a great time, even just the walk to the building and back to the car was invigorating. It was a beautiful, sunny day, a little chilly with the wind, but otherwise wonderful. I enjoyed myself and left with a big smile on my face and thoughts to keep this in mind for next year! I was thankful for the Lord providing those special moments for me. Then, Sunday the Lord sent more blessings my way. My friend, Kristen, came down from New Hampshire to visit me for the day!! It was so nice to see her again. It helped to break up some of the monotony of everything. We enjoyed an awesome morning service, some wonderful music, and Pastor was hitting home just what we needed. To sum it up, he was reminding us that although we may feel that we are missing something, whether emotionally, socially, or financially, we need to remember that heaven is waiting for us. And that is where we will have all we need or want. It was a great message! We brought Bertucci's home for lunch with mom, then went back for the night, and she helped me with my Pee Wee's class. It was also nice to have someone recognize how much energy it takes to do that after teaching all week, and teaching Sunday School on Sunday mornings. After church we went to Starbucks just to quickly get some coffee before she headed back 2 1/2 hours to New Hampshire. What a fun weekend! So thankful for that. So thankful for her and her friendship! I'm not sure what the week will hold for me, not so excited about parts of it, but asking the Lord to help me not to focus on the wrong thoughts. Hopefully will be going to New York this week, that will help too. Trying to look forward with the right spirit for the rest of the week. Lord, please forgive me for the awful jealous thoughts that have clouded my mind! Help me to think of all that I have in you, and keep my focus in the right place. Thank you for forgiveness and grace. Please help this to be a good week, even though it may not seem like much to look forward to. Remind me in times like this that I should be looking forward to forever with you, making my life count for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment