Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break Update

The unofficial start of my spring break, as you already heard, was mom not feeling well.  She did slowly start to feel better, though there were a couple of moments during the week that I did worry about her.  I still enjoyed a pretty sweet, and restful break!  I enjoyed sleeping in...so much!! :)  I also enjoyed staying up late!  I got in some good reading time, which I always enjoy!  I also got to have a wonderful lunch with my amazing blessing of a friend, Kasey!  We went to On the Border and had a blast, enjoying great food and fellowship!  It is always a blessing to get together with her!  I watched my Huskies get to the Final Four...although tonight, I just watched them lose to Notre Dame...ugh!!! :(  Now Notre Dame has to be on, well, they have been on, but are definitely now on my..."Ick, I can't/won't cheer for you to win" list!  Too bad for them, they won't have me cheering for them!  Ok, back to spring break, I also got to enjoy a fun craft project that I was so excited about.  Between Pinterest and other fun blogs, I got this great craft idea!!  Hold on....buckle up....because  I'm telling you this is so super cool and exciting!
Check these out!!


A cute blog Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten did a fun post about glitter shoes.  The idea for the flats came from We are Not Martha.  It was pretty easy to do!

Mod Podge with some black glitter.  I added a little bit of other colors, too, but wanted a darker color.
Mix the Mod Podge and glitter
This is what it looks like after the first layer of the mixture is placed on the shoes.

The top pictures are after four layers of the mixture have dried.  Then it suggests putting one more layer of the Mod Podge on at the end to keep the glitter from coming off.  We are Not Martha actually used a Clear    Glaze Spray after the final mixture layer.  Either way they turn out looking amazing, do they not???
But then......check these out!!


Little Miss Glamour also had glitter soles in her post, but I had already pinned that on Pinterest a while ago.  They use the same process!  The hardest part is just waiting for them to dry so you can see how they look, and now it's just the agonizing wait until I can wear them! :)  So spring break was the perfect time to try these out.  I'm so glad I did!!  Hope I didn't blow you away too badly! :)  I know, they are pretty great! 
The one, I guess you could say "glitch" came Thursday.  I planned on another quiet day, but mom had a Dr.'s appointment.  I made it because of those couple of times mom made me nervous during the week.  She seemed to start to feel pretty sick after eating breakfast and dinner a couple of days in a row.  So I needed to make one.  It wasn't until 3, so that was nice, but I just hoped that it wouldn't take too long.  Sometimes we end up waiting for a while.  I thought if we could get out of there at a somewhat decent time (before dinner) we would take a trip over to Middletown to a cupcake shop there.  My friend Keilani told me they have the best cupcakes...well, she had a bacon maple cupcake that she said was amazing!  I wanted to just go see what they had.  Well, the doctor wanted to make sure there wasn't anything serious going on and wanted mom to have tests right away.  So, although we got out of there by about 3:45, we just ended up going over to New Britain General Hospital's Emergency Room for those tests....and we didn't leave until after 10 that night.  Hmmm....I didn't think the NoRA Cupcake Company would still be open at that time, so...we just went home.  By the way, the tests all came back fine!  That was why I was able to take mom back home, thankfully!  She has been much better the past few days.  Oh well, at least I had Friday to enjoy more free time, and I did.  It's been a great break, and I must admit, I'm a bit hesitant to go back tomorrow...but it is a short week!  So.....I think I can handle it! :)
Lord, thank you for an enjoyable week!  Thank you for the time spent with mom and Bella!  Thank you for the time spent with my wonderful friend, Kasey!  Thanks for allowing me to try my fun craft!  Thank you that mom is OK, and there were no problems with the tests she had.  Thank you for some quiet time and rest...and help me, PLEASE help me to be ready for tomorrow! :)  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Well look at you!!! Those glittery shoes are ADORABLE!!! And you're so sweet... I had a BLAST with you (as always!). XOXO, Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks friend, although I'm going to have to redo the flats. Their material didn't hold the mix well and they started peeling. I think if I sand paper them some, it may hold better. We'll see! :) Thanks for your sweet comment! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a glitter lady also. I read a crafter did her Grandaughters runners. To bling, bling and another one did runners pink and another black and white. Where I think on blogging not Pinteress .

    I tried that site. I cannot even begin to work that program.
    My Granddaughter is going to be in Sept 2 year of university to be a K.K teacher also. Her personality is forever ending smiles and she is a born again christian and she just made it 7th for singing a song for a Christian radio station in Canada. Proud Grandma here. Oh those shoes are really cool. Mod Podge. I have read so much on Mod Podge. Can I use Mod Podge on my inside cover of paper for my Mini book I made. I guess I use for paper right. I wanted a glossy look to the flowers I had on paper. I like glare, glitter. So thoguth the paper inside also I can use to make the pictures come alive but read up on it. It has so many questionables. her is a gal you. Who uses it. How blessed is this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I just saw this! But yes, I definitely love glitter!!! That sounds awesome with bling runners! Oh have you been invited to pinterest? That's how to get on is for someone to invite you, then you just look at people's boards and see what is on them. If you like it slide over the picture or click on it and at the top of the picture you will see a tab that says repin. Then you can repin it to one of your boards. It is hard to get at first.
      That is so awesome about your granddaughter!! Love that she's studying to be a teacher and for coming in 7th! How cool! You should be proud! :)
      Yes, Mod Podge is wonderful and yes you can use it on paper. I think there are two kinds, one for a more matte (dull) look or glossy. I made a picture cube for a friend of mine with pictures of her grandchildren on it. I found a solid wood block, printed pictures of her grandkids from the internet and put them on the block in different places with the glossy Mod Podge. She loved it and keeps it on her desk. So yes, it has great uses! :) Sorry I didn't respond earlier! Hope this helps! :)

      Delete