Sunday, August 21, 2011

Being Real

This has been a tough week, a very tough week, if I'm going to be real about it. Emotions were very high....confidence was very low. My mind was on turbo speed all week, while my body just wanted to be on pause mode. My brain, eyes, hands, and feet were going constantly and my eyes just wanted to close for a moment's rest and peace. Sleep had been evading me, and exhaustion was slowly creeping in. I did make it to the end of the week (obviously), but the process to get there was a little difficult. I'm so thankful that there were people who helped me through it. There were a few key people who let me be who I needed to be, let me feel how I needed to feel, let me share what I needed to share...let me be real with them. I didn't have to put on this perfect persona to look and seem like all was well. Even though all is well things sometimes stink. That's real, it's the reality of life and it's OK because as Christians, yes, all is well in the end. People need to work through to that point sometimes though, and there is nothing wrong with working toward it. And sometimes it takes a little longer than others.
I know I have already talked about being real before...a couple of times before, and said how I was thinking about doing a blog post about it. Well, the topic of being real came up so many times this week, there was no way to avoid it. I had to write a post about it. I so admire people who can be real, and who aren't uncomfortable or afraid of letting other people be real. Some people get nervous and feel that they have to fix someone who is being too real, to try to bring them where they think they need to be spiritually or emotionally. I talked to some real people this week, who weren't afraid to let me be real, no matter what that entailed. If it weren't for those few key people who let me be real this week, who were real with me, I'm not sure how this week would have ended. So thankful for being able to be real, and even to pray real prayers for real people who were hurting this week as well. I hope I was able to be real for those people who needed that this week. When people can be real about struggles, it helps them to be able to rise above that struggle victorious.
Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to find those few key people who were real with me this week, in the sweetest way. And those who let me be totally real with them. You know I needed that, it helped so much. Bless them for blessing me so much just by being real with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment