Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Missed you!

Oh blogging, how I've missed you!!! I know you may not have realized I was missing you, but I truly was. A little over a week ago I was downstairs relaxing when mom came down. I moved from pappy's comfy recliner to the couch. I moved my Notebook over to the couch, too, so I could keep playing on the computer. I had to go upstairs for something, I came back down, and as I was sitting- it was kind of one of those slow-motion things, I could in the corner of my eye see that I was about to sit on the Notebook. It happened too fast for me to do anything. Now it wouldn't have been so bad, probably would have just closed the computer and been OK, if only it weren't for that DVD cover being in between the keyboard and screen, ugh!!! I could hear that little crack as it totally cracked the screen! It sickened me and I was so upset. So much for having access to the Internet and to my blog, it was killing me, because there were so many things that I wanted to be blogging about. But I'm back and so thankful to be able to get back to something I love and enjoy so much! The Lord has allowed some neat things to happen. One thing that I must mention before I head up to bed. A couple of Saturdays ago, I think July 30, my friend, Kristen and her mom came down from New Hampshire to spend the day with mom and I. Not just to spend the day, but to help us. Kristen's mom brought her sewing machine down and hemmed and mended some clothes for us, Kristen super cleaned our refrigerator, which I still don't recognize because it's so nice looking inside and out! They also brought an amazing lunch for us-homemade chicken Caesar salad with all the yummy fixin's. It was such a nice day. Mom also brought some papers and pamphlets for me, to help me with taking care of my mom. Things to think about and prepare for. What a blessing to know people who are so selfless that they would be willing to drive two hours to a small house, giving up their weekend to help some friends! I'm so thankful to them for being so loving and kind and helpful. Then today was so neat, the Lord did something else pretty amazing, but I'm going to save that for another blog. Oh blogging I have truly missed you, but I'm back!
Lord, thank you for friends like this who go above and beyond to be such a help. Bless my sweet friend and her amazing mom for their selfless spirits. Thank you for using people like this to show your love for us. Help me to be that selfless for someone else. Thank you for reminding me of your love and care for us. ....and thank you so very much for letting me have internet back so I can blog again! Ahhh it feels so good to be able to again! Also, and more importantly, thank you that I never have to miss you, you are always here for me. Help me not to forget that in the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment