Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Admission...

I am........a hugger! I have been for quite a while. Some may not have known that about me, others know it all too well. I don't hide it, I mean, it's not something I can really hide. I love hugs!!! I love getting them, I love giving them, it's just who I am. Now don't get me wrong and don't worry, I don't just go up to random people and start hugging them, not at all. But, if you've been around me and know me well, then you have probably received one from me.(Wanted or unwanted at times. I do try to take into consideration that there are some people that are just not like me. They don't care for them much...shocking! Sometimes I may miss that seemingly obvious hesitation because it comes as such a natural thing for me, and I could never even begin to imagine a hug being unwanted!) I thrive on them! Hugs just make me happy, for me they reach all the way to the heart. I often walk down the hallway looking forward to receiving one, two, or a few hugs from my kids. It is almost offensive to me if one of my kids should walk by without sharing one with me. I know some of you may not agree with me or feel the same way as I do about this, but I make no apologies, as I said before...this is who I am. For me, hugs are necessary, heartfelt, and my way of life. I enjoy my alone times, but I don't think I could function without hugs in my life. I do have to share that I don't believe at all that hugs only come in the form of a physical touch, many are felt in other ways...a text, a kind word spoken, a nice deed done for someone, a listening ear, a prayer...many different ways. I guess the reason why I chose to write this post is because I have received many hugs this week from many different people in many different ways. Each of those hugs this week has felt like a direct message of love from God himself. Tuesday I received a hug from a former employer, I guess I could just say a friend, another came from a friend in the form of a wonderful chicken dinner for me that was totally unexpected. Wednesday and Thursday I received hugs from parents of former students, where again, I can just say friends, through several texts or words of encouragement or actual physical hugs. I also received some from co-workers...again,friends, who encouraged me by talking with me and helping me in different ways. And all throughout the week, I have gotten sweet hugs from my kids, little and big. I love it! I thrive on it! Whatever your feelings about hugs, think about sharing one today, it doesn't have to be a physical one if that's not your thing. Think of other ways of sharing a hug. Send an encouraging text or note, talk to someone and listen to them, and give them time to share with you, make a nice treat for someone, offer to pray with someone, just show someone you care. Those kinds of hugs are doable for anyone. But if you're not ashamed to admit you're like me, just go up to someone (again probably not just anyone) and share that physical hug, it's a great thing. I feel so much better after admitting this. I hope this won't change your thoughts of me, I hope it will maybe change your thoughts about those wonderful things called hugs...share one today.
Lord, thank you for hugs, especially the ones you send to us to remind us how much You love us.

2 comments:

  1. A hug is a universal medicine, it is how we handshake from the heart. - Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kasey, I love that!! So good! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete