Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Just Felt Compelled

I have heard these words so much lately, and I can totally relate.  I got up Friday and got a text from a friend who was going to come check out the problem with my back porch.  He came over and saw what my concern was, and he also walked around and noticed some other things that he wanted to make me aware of.  Then he shared with me that he will be helping to take care of these things in the days ahead.  He even took the time to temporarily jack up the porch for me so I wouldn't be afraid to walk on it.  Oh yea, and did I mention....it was pouring rain the whole time!!  So, he also dug out some small trenches around the house to keep the water from pooling right by the house. What an incredible blessing!!
A little after he left the rain stopped and the sun tried to make a bit of an appearance.  As I was just doing things around the house my mind kept going to Newtown.  I just felt compelled to go down there to show my support and love.  It was amazing to see how much support and love has been showered on this little town.  Here are some pictures I took.


The traffic to get to the memorial site







The bear that I left to show support!








Sandy Hook Angels


This touched me so much, 6 larger penguins and 20 little ones.









Another sweet, sad tribute with 6 larger bears and 20 little ones.









More things left for support and love across the street.

To the right  of the tree was a girl that was giving hugs to people.

Little angels

20 little hearts + 6 heroes = 26 angels
Therapy dogs were there for people to pet and to bring a sweet smile to faces!




I also felt compelled to go by the church where the funeral for little Ana was being held right up the street from me.  I had a purple sparkly shirt on to show my support for the family.  I know her cousins so my heart was knit there in more than one way.
This was the sky outside the church right after the funeral for little Ana Marquez-Greene.
Leaving the church to go to the burial site.

Horse drawn carriage for this precious little girl, so heartbreaking!

Let's not forget!  May we feel compelled to keep this spirit of love and kindness and caring all through the year!
Continuing to pray for Newtown and the families of the victims.  May they know the peace that only Jesus can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment