Monday, January 9, 2012

Simple Joys

I am a simple person, and many times it's the little things that bring me much joy!  The past few days, there were several simple things that really brought me joy and put a smile on my face.  This past Friday, as I was helping to monitor the 9th grade keyboarding class, the two Senior boys (yes, there are only two Senior boys, as my profile states, it's a small Christian school), called me out into the hallway where they serenaded me with a sweet little song.  How could that not make a person's day?!  Who doesn't love to be serenaded?!  Sweet little song...great voices...nice harmony...big smile on my face!  After school that same day, I got to see one of my former students who had been gone for a week on a mission's trip to Haiti.  I wasn't able to talk to her for long, but I could see how excited she was about it.  She said it was a great experience for her, which I'm sure it was!  It is such a joy to see my kids serving the Lord as young adults.  She serves in her church already in some great ways, but to serve the Lord in a different capacity (an orphanage), in a different place (Haiti), is such a blessing to see!
Saturday I got to go to the alumni basketball games for the girls and boys.  I love basketball and love watching the kids play, but don't ask me how they did, or the score, etc., because this ended up being more of a fellowship time for me.  I think both the high school teams won.  My friend Steven was there and I had the opportunity to talk to him for a while.  Then I made my way to the kitchen to talk to some of my friends there.  My friend Amy told me her granddaughter was there at the game and would love to see me.  I went over to where she was sitting with her mom.  I was greeted with the biggest, sweetest smile and hug.  Then, next thing I know, I had the cutest little bug on my lap.  Once again, how could I not smile at that!  I had a great time talking to her mom, too.  In between our conversation we did catch some of the game.  Next thing I knew the girl's game was over.  I moved down to the other side of the gym because there were some former students down there that I wanted to catch up with.  I also enjoyed fellowship with other friends, and got hold my friend's sweet foster baby.  All of this distracted me a bit from full concentration on the games, but what a fun, enjoyable time!  Sweet moments, great memories, and simple joys, gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment